A Freezer Shelves" system is a multi-functional product
combining both "shelves" and the "evaporator" of a
refrigerator within itself. As these are multi-functional
features and also are made out of relatively cheaper
materials like steel tube and wire, they are less expensive
compared to the traditional alternatives and hence they
are considerably used in the application. The only
disadvantage, however, could be that the shelves in this
application are fixed rather than the removable ones in
In the production at KONVEYOR, 8x0.70 mm steel tube,
1.3-1.6 mm steel wires are used and the production steps
are as follows:
- Cutting the lengths (for the wire and the tube),
serpentine forming, resistance welding (for the wires
to the serpentines) and secondary bending operations
are performed by automatic machines.
- The individual shelves and the heat exchanger are
brought and hard brazed together to form 2 to 8
- The manufactured units are tested against leaks by
Helium Snuffers (1st step test).
- The tested units are zinc plated to 10-12 microns in
the fully automatic zinc plating lines.
- After the zinc plating, the 2nd step leak test is applied
by Helium Chamber testing systems. The TWO STEP
testing principle is unique to KONVEYOR, in order to
reach "absolute zero" level leak defects at the assembly
- As the last operation, the Zinc plated units are coated
in a protective and food friendly clear lacquer coating
- The finished products are packed on euro pallets and
shipped to customers.
The design, i.e. number of shelves per unit, shelf
dimensions, form of serpentine and wire spacing could
be adjusted as per customers' requirements.